Valentine's Day Dinner at the New Hotel Americano Winter Rooftop Lounge
Hotel Americano celebrates their new rooftop Winter Lounge with a Valentine's Day candle-lit dinner. The view of the city lights and sheepskin-clad seats is the NYC-chic equivalent of a romantic cabin in the sky. The ambiance is only augmented by the highly-lauded food. The prix-fixe menu ($65) features dishes such as Rabbit Ballotine with baby fennel, cara cara orange and, of course, chocolate for dessert, with chocolate terrine, Mexican hot chocolate, and chocolate truffles. Keep the romance flowing with cocktails at an after party in The Americano main dining room. Hurry and make your reservations--there are only a few seats left!
Call Hotel Americano now!2122160000
1. The building: Starchitect Enrique Norten does it again, with a minimally beautiful roof-to-ground chain mail screen that occludes the building's faade but lets light in.
2. The location: smack in the middle of galleryland. Slightly off the beaten track, but just a stone's throw from the High Line, Chelsea Piers, and the Chelsea Riviera (what we call the ribbon of parks along the Hudson River).
3. The rooms: sleek, minimal, nothing extra and yet fully equipped. Mini bars stocked with their own private-label tequila.
4. The service: friendly, helpful, not overbearing, well informed.
5. The views: spectacular from the roof-top bar, dubbed "La Piscine."
6. The green: there's a lovely intimate back garden.
7. The bars: La Piscine is their open-to-the-public rooftop bar, with a beautifully slim azure pool (piscine is French for pool). El Privado is their private, by reservation only, basement bar. We'll put in a good word for you with the bouncer.
8. The food: Chef Olivier Reginensi comes to "The Americano" from the esteemed Daniel. The menu is French with a Latin twist, which makes sense considering this hotel is owned by the famous Habita Hotel Group, which pioneered the boutique hotel boom in Mexico City.
9. The amenities: soft washed denim bathrobes, felt wool slippers, oversized Turkish bath towels, Japanese Imabari washcloths, Aesop bathroom products, custom alpaca throw blankets, iPad customized with in-room controls and guest directory, Samsung LED pro-idium HD TV, 24-hour room service, in-room strongbox, guest bicycles... the list goes on and on.